Days of Dragons is actively seeking to address any concerns for the seeing impaired. If you have any suggestions on how to make your screen readers operate better with the game, please use the IDEA SUBMIT command to enter our editor, and after you type out your idea, just type /s. That will save the idea. We actually reward ideas that we use with glory and or gold in the game.
Days of Dragons is a MUD, which is a text driven Multi User Dimension Game. Mud's work very well with screenreaders. The Staff of Days of Dragons are trying to make Days of Dragons the most blind friendly mud out there. We need your input to help us do that. Our game uses a medieval fantasy theme.
If you already have your mud client that you like, the Days of Dragons address is the3beers.com, port 4040.
1. The command Config Screenreader in the game will make
output to your screenreader easier to hear.
2. Our wilderness ascii doesn't show up if you are config screenreader in the game.
3. We have a landmark command that makes finding areas within wilderness as easy as typing landmark area name. You then will be told which general direction to go, until you end up at your destination.
4. Combat spam reduced to a few lines. Instead of hearing 8 different attack lines. You will hear only one. Your pierce has hit the goblin 8 times for 350 total damage!
5. Sound Packs that can be downloaded to hear various sounds within the mud. See help sound in the game to learn how for your client. http://http://the3beers.com/~jupiter/dod/sound.zip
6. We have created compact screen reader friendly commands to make things easier. The following are some commands you will find useful: SCORE, MONEY, STATUS, SKILLS, SPELLS, WEAPONS, SONGS.
7. We have blind players, and a Blind Staff member that are working to make things better.
A site devoted to the blind that discusses all muds.
JAWS SCREEN READER
A windows version of the jaws screen reader this product can be costly.
THUNDER SCREEN READER
A free windows version of screen reader